The Abbey is located a short drive from Golden Co Tipperary.
It was built in the 12th Century.
The Abbey was once the largest in Ireland and was built by Norman Lord William de Burgh.
The remains of the monastery are spred over four acres.
The Abbey was burned in 1319 by Lord Maurice Fitzthomas and again in 1329 by Bryan O'Brien.
Access to the site is very easy, a short walk from the gate into the field. One minor drawback is a parking issue as the road that runs beside the abbey is very narrow.